A Silver Series of Shout Outs

This blog is very basically a space where I can use for whatever, whenver. Maybe I'll write a few poems, or post a picture or two. Write about how life is screwing me now or the new bed I just bought. So yeah. That's why I have a blog - self-expression and probably a lot of free time.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

 

First Day At BKK (it rhymeeees)

I can't upload any pictures from my camera without causing quite a few problems later on when I get back sooo I'll edit the posts next time with pretty pictures. Speaking about pretty pictures, I took some really cool ones when I was on board the plane and walking through a skywalk. The lights blur, making them look like fireflies and other uh light-emitting stuff. Lol. So yeah I'll post those later on, maybe I'll waste even more of my time and use Flixster to frame them. Even prettier. Sigh.


-Empty Space For Pictures-



The place we're staying at is Somerset Suwan Park, it is a service apartment and we've come to this place SO many times before the doorman recognises us! The Ploen Chit station is the closest one, right down the road from our apartment. It's really convenient as the major malls are right down the main street, like Central World, Central Chidlom and some other large ones. Anways, today I walked and walked and walked our tippy toes off. First I took the BTS, which is the Thai equivalent of a skytrain. I got the Day Pass which cost 120baht and you can go anywhere for the whole day. I traveled to Chong Non Si station to get to the Standard Chartered ATM which is the closest one to Ploen Chit. Afterwards, my dad went to his tailor in O.P.I. Palace, the guy's name is 'Lek'. We had to get to Saphan Taksin station then take the boat to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel port and after taking a 5 minute walk, O.P.I. Palace would be right there. And after AGES of waiting for my dad to finalise his suit, Mr. Lek took us for lunch at this stall by the roadside which served beef balls, tender beef slices and beef tendon with soup and noodles, only 30baht per bowl. And each bowl was rather big, mind you. It was really really delicious! Mr. Lek was worried Mum and I wouldn't want to eat there - too dirty etc., but we're Malaysian for goodness sakes! Then afterwards, we thought we'd go have a nice stroll in Central World, do some shopping, chill out but nooo. We spent about 8 hours there? It was so tiring. And in the morning I went for a run in the gym as well....W walked for ages. And ages. And ages.

I'm pooped now.

Going to watch Apollo 13 now.

Kevin Bacon rocks my socks.

Over and out.
for now anyways.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

2007-12-16   2007-12-23   2008-01-20   2008-03-16   2008-07-13   2008-07-20   2008-07-27   2008-08-03   2008-08-10   2008-08-17   2008-09-07   2008-09-28   2008-10-26   2008-11-02   2008-11-09   2008-12-14   2008-12-21   2009-04-05  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]